About Southwest Hotel Management
Since 1962 Southwest Hotel Management (SHM) has built its reputation on developing hotels, managing hotels, and, through its affiliate Hankamer & Associates, marketing and selling hotels for clients.
Whether full-service, limited service, extended stay, or all-suite, Hankamer & Associates has experience in site selection, contractor and architect selection, construction management, pre-opening recruitment and training of key employees, pre-opening marketing, and finally, opening and operating hotels for profit.
SHM has developed and operated hotels in Texas, covering most markets in the state. In addition, we have provided development, management, brokerage, and consulting services in other states such as New York, Virginia, Illinois, New Mexico, Alabama, and Louisiana.
Our management skills include hotel accounting services, hotel marketing services, hotel personnel recruitment services, franchisor selection and relationship management, and all of the other services required to successfully operate a profitable hotel.
Formerly managing hotels strictly for its own account, SHM began managing selected hotels for financial institutions and private investor groups in early 1986. Operating limited service, mid-scale, and resort properties, the company manages its diverse operating portfolio with a richly talented staff of hotel professionals.
In 1995, SHM, as a General Partner, began developing Hampton Inn hotels for its various partnership groups, while at the same time providing pre-development, site selection, and turnkey development of limited service hotels for REITS (Real Estate Investment Trusts). The Company continues to pursue development opportunities for key brands of hotels for its own partnerships as well as for other groups.
With overbuilding, product segmentation and escalating costs, the hotel industry has become acutely more complex and competitive. To operate successfully under these market conditions requires a management company of proven “hands-on” professionals. The hotel business today is no place for a novice.
Adding value is what Southwest Hotel Management is all about. Every hotel is a business which represents a unique challenge, and there is no one set of rules that applies to all hotels. Rather, it is the intuition of the experienced professional which leads the way in conceptualizing the role a given hotel should play in its marketplace. This intuition is based on years of achieving positive results through trial and error in a wide variety of situations.
Ray Hankamer, Jr. is General Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer for Southwest Hotel Management. Beginning his career as General Manager of the Holiday Inn Houston-Nasa, he has subsequently developed over the past thirty-five years many hotels and room additions, as well as apartments, suburban office buildings, a high volume theme restaurant, and has organized a number of real estate investment syndications. In 1987 he was elected as President of the International Association of Holiday Inns, representing over two thousand franchise hotels worldwide. His achievement of high operating profits is attributed to sensitivity to the customer’s needs while serving them with a carefully planned and thoughtfully budgeted staff.
|Replica Watches Store News|
- How to Book A Last-Minute Trip on a BudgetThe 7 Best Flight Deals for Flying from Your Backyard […]
- How To Buy Bitcoin In India Using Paytm And ZebpayThe most important thing to understand about Bitcoin is that […]
- Is It Time for a Complete Hotel Management System?The Benefits of Streamlining Hotel Operations Although hotels are not […]
- The Top 10 Techniques for Maximizing Revenue from Your HotelWant to make your hotel more profitable? Check out these […]
- “Less is More: The Benefits of Simplifying Hotel Operations”During the holiday season, many travelers flock to popular vacation […]
- How to Maximize Revenue and Profit From Your Southwest HotelAre you looking to boost your bottom line by increasing […]
- Secrets to experiencing New Mexico like a localIf you’re looking to explore the beauty and charm of […]
- “The Best Way to Save on Your Next Trip”Planning your next trip can be expensive, and with so […]
- How to find the best hotel deals with hotel comparison websitesAre you looking for a great deal on a hotel […]