About Southwest Hotel Management
Since 1962 Southwest Hotel Management (SHM) has built its reputation on developing hotels, managing hotels, and, through its affiliate Hankamer & Associates, marketing and selling hotels for clients.
Whether full-service, limited service, extended stay, or all-suite, Hankamer & Associates has experience in site selection, contractor and architect selection, construction management, pre-opening recruitment and training of key employees, pre-opening marketing, and finally, opening and operating hotels for profit.
SHM has developed and operated hotels in Texas, covering most markets in the state. In addition, we have provided development, management, brokerage, and consulting services in other states such as New York, Virginia, Illinois, New Mexico, Alabama, and Louisiana.
Our management skills include hotel accounting services, hotel marketing services, hotel personnel recruitment services, franchisor selection and relationship management, and all of the other services required to successfully operate a profitable hotel.
Formerly managing hotels strictly for its own account, SHM began managing selected hotels for financial institutions and private investor groups in early 1986. Operating limited service, mid-scale, and resort properties, the company manages its diverse operating portfolio with a richly talented staff of hotel professionals.
In 1995, SHM, as a General Partner, began developing Hampton Inn hotels for its various partnership groups, while at the same time providing pre-development, site selection, and turnkey development of limited service hotels for REITS (Real Estate Investment Trusts). The Company continues to pursue development opportunities for key brands of hotels for its own partnerships as well as for other groups.
With overbuilding, product segmentation and escalating costs, the hotel industry has become acutely more complex and competitive. To operate successfully under these market conditions requires a management company of proven “hands-on” professionals. The hotel business today is no place for a novice.
Adding value is what Southwest Hotel Management is all about. Every hotel is a business which represents a unique challenge, and there is no one set of rules that applies to all hotels. Rather, it is the intuition of the experienced professional which leads the way in conceptualizing the role a given hotel should play in its marketplace. This intuition is based on years of achieving positive results through trial and error in a wide variety of situations.
Ray Hankamer, Jr. is General Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer for Southwest Hotel Management. Beginning his career as General Manager of the Holiday Inn Houston-Nasa, he has subsequently developed over the past thirty-five years many hotels and room additions, as well as apartments, suburban office buildings, a high volume theme restaurant, and has organized a number of real estate investment syndications. In 1987 he was elected as President of the International Association of Holiday Inns, representing over two thousand franchise hotels worldwide. His achievement of high operating profits is attributed to sensitivity to the customer’s needs while serving them with a carefully planned and thoughtfully budgeted staff.
|Replica Watches Store News|
- Identify Bottlenecks: How to Streamline Your Workflow for Enhanced ProductivityIn today’s fast-paced business environment, the optimization of workflow is… Read more: Identify Bottlenecks: How to Streamline Your Workflow for Enhanced Productivity
- Unlocking Success: Facilitating Collaboration and Synergy Between Different Departments Within Your OrganizationIntroduction: The Power of Collaboration and Synergy in the Workplace… Read more: Unlocking Success: Facilitating Collaboration and Synergy Between Different Departments Within Your Organization
- Maximizing Efficiency and Cost Savings: The Benefits of Hiring Budgeted Staff for Your BusinessBy implementing a carefully budgeted staff that includes the use… Read more: Maximizing Efficiency and Cost Savings: The Benefits of Hiring Budgeted Staff for Your Business
- Creating Unforgettable Guest Experiences: The Key to Boosting Customer SatisfactionIntroduction: Understanding the Impact of Memorable Guest Experiences In the… Read more: Creating Unforgettable Guest Experiences: The Key to Boosting Customer Satisfaction
- The Shifting Landscape: Changing Consumer Preferences and Expectations in the Hospitality IndustryIntroduction: Understanding the Evolution of Consumer Preferences in Hospitality The… Read more: The Shifting Landscape: Changing Consumer Preferences and Expectations in the Hospitality Industry
- Creating Unique Experiences: How Airbnb Revolutionized Travel by Offering Authentic Local StaysAirbnb has completely revolutionized the way we travel, offering a… Read more: Creating Unique Experiences: How Airbnb Revolutionized Travel by Offering Authentic Local Stays
- Adapting to Change: Navigating the Ever-Evolving Landscape of the Hospitality IndustryIntroduction: The Dynamic Nature of the Hospitality Industry The hospitality… Read more: Adapting to Change: Navigating the Ever-Evolving Landscape of the Hospitality Industry
- Creating Memorable Guest Experiences: The Foundation for SuccessIntroduction: Understanding the Importance of Memorable Guest Experiences In the… Read more: Creating Memorable Guest Experiences: The Foundation for Success
- Smart Strategies for Thoughtfully Budgeted Staffing: How to Optimize Human Resources to Maximize EfficiencyImplementing smart strategies and thoughtfully budgeting staffing are essential components… Read more: Smart Strategies for Thoughtfully Budgeted Staffing: How to Optimize Human Resources to Maximize Efficiency